This page focuses only on wood as a resource and how to obtain it.
- The axe you choose will determine if you get any bonuses (extra luck, faster chopping).
You can also use an extractor to gather wood. These are a futuristic tools.
- Extractors can also be used to mine ore, gems, and uncommon stone and for digging holes in caves. Because they are a multi-purpose tool, they look like giant drills.
Wood has a few varieties for various uses, described below.
Types of WoodEdit
- Cut Plain Wood - typically, this wood texture has a light colored finish when used in building
- Cut Burled Wood - this wood usually has a very dark finish when used in building
- Cut Striped Wood -when used in building, this wood texture tends to live up to its name, mincing real-world Zebrawood
- See the Building Materials page for examples of wood textures one can use to build.
Table of WoodEdit
On many landscapes you may be able to find most types of wood; however, some types of wood are easier to find in some biomes than others.
The table below is designed to help to determine which biome you must visit to gather that type of wood quickly and easily, as it is the most common type in that biome. To learn more about the biomes, follow the links.
- Additional Biomes were added late in closed beta, but those have not been added to the table below. Please verify the common wood in Deciduous and Volcanic Biomes and edit the info below.
|Material Icon||Wood Resource||Common Biome||Tool to Log||Refined Name|
|Plain Wood||All||Any axe or any extractor||Cut Plain Wood|
|Burled Wood||Old Growth Forest||Any axe or any extractor||Cut Burled Wood|
|Striped Wood||Desert||Any axe or any extractor||Cut Striped Wood|
If you are new to Landmark, you may want to read the following articles:
- Trees - which aids in understanding which trees you need to locate to gather some tree components and includes images for visual identification of trees that yield more than Heart Wood and logs.
- Crafting - to gain an understanding of how crafting is handled in Landmark vs. other games.
- Spire - if you are not familiar with how you can travel to different Biomes.