- See also: Biomes for an overview of what a biome is in Landmark.
What is the Purpose of a Biome?Edit
Biomes not only give players a variety of natural terrains in which they can build their build sites, but also exist to give us queues about where we need to go to get certain material to craft items and build on our claims.
- Many of the trees and plants can be gathered and used for crafting and building, but many of the same trees and plants can also be used as props on build sites.
This biome has cooled lava flows over its surface and charred land. The trees and plants in this biome stand on tall roots, lifting them slightly above the surface. The sky has a reddish, smoke tinged appearance even during the day cycles. The land itself is a mix of peaked mountains with areas that look like collapsed volcanoes, and some flat area. The trees are dark-tones. The plants are primarily succulents normally seen in arid real-world climates.
Materials for Building and CraftingEdit
- Note: as of launch this biome is missing its trees. It's not clear if that's intended or a bug.
- The Volcanic Biome is the source of the tree resource Burled Wood and Plain Wood, Tree Fiber and Tree Sap.
Any axe can be used to chop trees here.
- The type of wood from each tree varies by biome and tree type. For now, see the Trees page to help you understand trees as a gathered material resource.
- Read about Gathering Tools to help you better understand why you may need to upgrade your tools.
Volcanic Biome-themed PropsEdit
Landmark has many props that allow players to enhance the natural look for their build sites or terraform sites to suit their needs. As such, many props will appear exactly like those you find in the Volcanic Biome biome.
- See the Volcanic Biome Props (List) for props that match this biome.
If you are new to Landmark, you may want to read about: