Recipe is a shortcut term for any non-innate item knowledge your character can gain while engaged in non-building activities.
A Misnomer in LandmarkEdit
In Landmark, the word 'recipe' is a misnomer that can create confusion for new players.
- In the real-world to the word recipe generally refers to cooking or similar knowledge, but it is typically used in games to describe a character's knowledge of how to craft every type of useful or consumable item (food, equipment, potions, etc.).
- In Landmark, it is neither of these things explicitly, as it can refer to both the a character's knowledge of how to craft useful items, but also because it applies to the gained knowledge and ability to place props using the Prop Palette (a non-crafting activity).
- In Landmark, some (but not all) items are crafted. Because of this, the word "recipe" could refer to your character's knowledge of how to craft an item like armor.
- Some items are not crafted. This typically refers to props, which are placed using the Prop Palette (with the exception of a few gift props that Founder's may have).
- To complicate the above, many things are Innate Items: that is, item knowledge your character begins with as soon as you log in for the first time.
Recipes for non-innate items can be found while engaging in various non-building activities. When you loot a reipe it will show as a small purple satchel (bag) and a 'card' with the recipe name will appear on your screen.
- Examples include:
- Completing tasks one finds in the Journal.
- By engaging in gathering activities, like mining or chopping down trees
- Defeating monsters
- Finding loot chests in surface caves or deep within Chaos Caverns
Recipes can be added using Lumen Station.
- Using the Lumen Station is optional, but it can be a way to spend the Lumens you earn from non-building activities (same as those listed above).
- Those in a hurry to add recipes can also spend real world money to buy Daybreak Cash and then buy pack of Lumens to use in the Lumen Station.
- Innate Items - describes what is included when you create a character and includes lists of innate items.