FANDOM


OverviewEdit

Dice Filter

The Probability Filter prop is a Story Tool that lets players randomize the outcome of a linked event using the Linking and Triggering system.

UsageEdit

The Probability Filter can be used to randomize the outcome a linked event by linking the node to two possible outcomes, one designated as "winning" and the other as "losing". When activated, one of the two outcomes will be chosen at random based on the percentage chance that the player specifies. The probability is set in terms of the percentage chance to get the "winning" outcome, and can be set to any number between 0 and 100.

Incoming and Outgoing LinksEdit

The Probability Filter has the following options for Incoming Links:

  • "...Roll the probability dice!"

The Probability Filter has the following options for Outgoing Links:

  • "When the probability roll wins...."
  • "When the probability roll loses..."

SettingsEdit

The Probability Filter has the following options under Settings:

  • Name: Allows players to give the prop a name only they can see.
  • Odds of Winning: The percent chance of a dice roll to "win"
    • If it "wins" then the "winning" link is activated
    • If it "loses" then the "losing" link is activated

ExampleEdit

The Probability Filter can be used to randomize the outcome of a player's actions. For instance, a lever could be linked to a Probability Filter with a "winning" option of opening a door and a "losing" option of spawning a hostile creature. When the lever is pulled, the Probability Filter will choose one of the two options at random based on the percentage chance for each set by the player.

TipsEdit

Just because the node is phrased in terms of winning and losing doesn't mean one outcome has to be good and the other has to be bad! The winning/losing terminology is just a label to help keep track of which outcome goes with which result.

The setting for "Odds of Winning" is set in terms of percentages. The "losing" outcome probability can be determined by subtracting the "winning" outcome chance from 100. For example, if you set the "Odds of Winning" to 50, there will be a 50% chance of the "win" outcome and a 50% chance of the "lose" outcome. But if you set it to 75, there will be a 75% chance of the "win" outcome and a 25% chance of the "lose" outcome. You can set the odds of winning anywhere between 0% (never winning) and 100% (always winning).

Required ResourcesEdit

The following resources are required to place this prop.

Quantity Resource
50 Cut Plain Wood

General Prop InformationEdit

  • All props are placed using the Prop Palette using the Build Mode interface while the Build Site is in Edit Mode.
  • To remove this prop, right click the prop and hit Recycle. Any materials used to place it will be returned to you.
  • This prop is innate. It is prop knowledge included in the Prop Palette by default for new characters.
  • This prop can be tinted using the Tints tab in the Build Mode interface.
  • This prop is only visible in Edit Mode.

Appearance when PlacedEdit

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.