- See also: Biomes for an overview of what a biome is in Landmark.
What is the Purpose of a Biome?Edit
Biomes not only give players a variety of natural terrains in which they can build their build sites, but also exist to give us queues about where we need to go to get certain material to craft items and build on our claims.
- Many of the trees and plants can be gathered and used for crafting and building, but many of the same trees and plants can also be used as props on build sites.
The Old Growth Forest biome is one of many natural terrains you will find on the islands of Landmark. It is primarily filled with dark, lush green grasses and the landscape is a mix of stone-covered mountain peaks and broad grasslands. The trees in this biome vary, but most are soaring trees not unlike those seen in the Pacific Northwest of the (real-world) American continent; many are mossy, extremely tall and commonly a mix of towering pines and other trees with very thick trunks.
- Players frequently shorten the name of this biome to "Old Forest".
Materials for Building and CraftingEdit
- The Old Growth Forest Biome is the source of the tree resource Burled Wood, Tree Fiber and Tree Sap.
Any axe can be used to chop trees here.
- The type of wood from each tree varies by biome and tree type. For now, see the Trees page to help you understand trees as a gathered material resource.
- Read about Gathering Tools to help you better understand why you may need to upgrade your tools.
Old Growth Forest Biome-themed PropsEdit
Landmark has many props that allow players to enhance the natural look for their build sites or terraform sites to suit their needs. As such, many props will appear exactly like those you find in the Old Growth Forest Biome biome.
- See the Old Growth Forest Biome Props (List) for props that match this biome.
You can watch the Building Blocks: Old Growth Forest video from the the the Official Landmark YouTube channel on the right.
If you are new to Landmark, you may want to read about:
- Trees - the primary reason to travel between biomes.
- Axe - to learn about the progression of axes to chop down trees in all biomes.
- Servers and Landscapes - explains how to figure out where you need to go to get to specific biomes.
- Fun fact: Some of the trees in this biome look like they have a face.