Biomes are the various terrain types and styles that constitute the various Landscapes of Lumeria.
Each Biome has a specific look, atmosphere, lighting style, and may provide a greater quantity of specific resources like themed wood, ice, or other resources.
Important Biome FactsEdit
- Biomes are not limited to specific tiers. That means even if you need Striped Wood, you can visit any Landscapes that has a desert biome where that wood is found in abundance.
- All landscapes have at least two biomes at this time. The first is in the center and the second on the outer edges near the ocean. Some may include snow-capped peaks. For example, a landscape might be mostly desert and old growth forest, but have fairly robust areas of tundra on the taller mountains.
- All Landscapes have an Ocean biome
Biomes available in 2016Edit
- Desert Biome - sparse, pale grasses and trees that can live in extreme heat
- Jungle Biome  - lighter green grasses, palm and rain forest-like trees
- Old Growth Forest Biome lush, dark green grasses, extremely tall trees
- Tundra Biome  -snow, ice, with minimal grasses, mix of trees with many pines
- Deciduous Biome- features lush, fall-colored leaves on birch trees. This biome was introduced in May 2015.
- Volcanic Biome - lava flows and rocky landscape. This biome was introduced in May 2015. As of July 2016, this biome's trees seem to be missing. It's unclear if this is a bug or an intentional change.
- Ocean Biome - as it sounds, an underwater, ocean themed landscape and plant life. This biome technically existed prior to May 2015, but was barren sand until the May 2015 update.
List of Landscapes and their BiomesEdit
- See the Servers and Landscapes page for a list ofbiomes
- As of June 2016 all biomes described by developers before launch are in the game, though more may be added in the future.